...your phone, your time, your choice
We are a small company of like-minded professionals with an interest in exploring the business potential of enhancing person-to-person telecommunications services with the power of the web and mobile technologies.
Our objective is to make communications personal, private and
regardless of device or medium. After all, it's your phone, your time,
These projects were originally taken on as an engineering exercise to allow us to learn more about the Android platform. We have published them so that users of Android devices can also benefit. We hope you like them.
All health and fitness applications are fully supported, including those that are provided free of charge. We also accept feature requests, and we will work to fulfill those requests as time permits. To download these applications, please visit the Android Market, under the Health category.
Run Calc is an easy to use training supplement for runners. Unlike real-time, on-the-run apps, Run Calc is designed to be used both before and after runs to plan, evaluate and set objectives for training and races.
The app features complete freedom from keyboard entry of data! When you compare to competing apps you'll wonder why others don't do the same.
- Automatic and instantaneous calculation when any data is changed.
- Pace calculator: Enter time and distance and the calculator tells you pace per kilometer (or mile), and the average speed in kph or mph and in m/s or ft/s.
- Time calculator: Enter a pace (per km or mile) and the distance and the calculator tells you the time of the run. This is an excellent way to quickly see how your race time is effected by small adjustments to your pace.
- Prediction calculator:
- Keyboard-less data entry:
- Select metric or imperial (English) distance measurements.
- Distance selector: Distances for common events are pre-programmed and can be selected using the button to the right of every distance field.
Run Calc is now available on the Android market. Look for new features and other improvements over the coming months.
- Download Run Calc if you are reading this from a device with Google's Android Market installed
Fat Calc Plus is a premium product that is a large step up from the free Fat Calc product. This allows us to devote more resources to developing additional features, some of which are incorporated with the free product. Notable features include:
- Create files and permanent records for any number of individuals. This can be useful for families, groups of friends and even sports teams.
- Track BMI, Body Fat Percentage and body measurements over time to determine progress against a health or fitness plan.
- Both the YMCA and US Navy (Army) basic body fat percentage models are included.
- Multiple body composition models are supported, based on the Siri and Brozek population models. We also include muscular development models and diagnostics for athletes using a modified Modlesky population model.
- Age can be provided to determine BMI and Body Fat Percentage for children, the elderly, and the full adult range. BMI assessments for children are determined according to CDC guidelines. Body fat percentage diagnostics are adjusted for athletes.
The beta release of Fat Calc Plus is now available on the Android market. Look for new features and other improvements over the coming months.
- Download Fat Calc Plus if you are reading this from a device with Google's Android Market installed
This popular Body Fat Percentage, BMI and BMR calculator is targeted at any adult wishing to assess and monitor their progress against a fitness or health management plan. It is completely private and only requires a few body (morphological) measurements that can be accomplished using only a tape measure and a weight scale. When used properly, it is typically as accurate as a caliper test by a skilled practitioner.
In addition to providing the Body Fat Percentage and BMI values, Fat Calc also shows the recommended (normal) ranges of each and how the individual's values compare. It comes complete with a BMR and RMR calculator, health indicators based on internationally-recognized standards, intuitive interface, on-screen help and an online web guide with detailed instructions and guidelines for proper use. From the menu, the user can change between Imperial and metric measurement units, select help, or (via the Settings screen) send a message to our support desk.
Please note that use of Fat Calc is no substitute for a fitness or medical assessment by a qualified professional. It is intended as a supplement to a self-directed or professionally-prescribed program. Fat Calc is not intended for children or the elderly since the results can be inaccurate for these groups.